Introduction:Department of child Health, MTI KTH is a 129 bedded department and was established in May 1974, offering quality services to the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan.
Pediatrics is a branch of Medicine Dealing with health and Medical care of infants, children and adolescents from birthup to the the age of 18 years.
The World "Paediatrics" mean the healers of children.
Pediatrics is a relatively new medical speciality developing only in the mid 19 century. A pediatrician is a child physician who provides not only the medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill but also preventive health services for healthy children.
Pediatrics is different from adult medicines in more ways than one, the smaller body of an infant or neonate or a child is substantially different physiologically from that of an adult, so treating children is not like treating a miniature adult. Congential defects, genetic varience and developmental issues are of greater concern to pediatricians than physicians treating adults.
- General Pediatric Units (A and B) 60 Bedded
- Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) 6 Bedded
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) 6 Bedded
- Neonatology unit 35 Bedded
- Nutrition Re-habilitation Unit (NRU) 6 Bedded
- Infectious Disease unit (IDU) 6 Bedded
- Emergency Pediatric Unit (EPS) 10 Bedded
Departmet of pediatric is composed of faculty members in different academic ranks which include consultants, registrars, residents and trainees.
- Inpatient Services (Pediatric and Neonatal)
- Out Patient Services (OPD)
- Emergency Pediatric Services (EPS)
- Pediatric (PICU) and Neonatal Intensive care Services (NICU)
- Nutrition Re-habilitation Servics (NRU)
- Diabetic Endocrine Services on Saturday
- Teaching opportunities for both under and post graduate students / Trainees / Nutrition / Students / Nursing Staff
Services Available (24/7):
|Paeds A Unit: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Emergency on Sunday||OPD Timing: 08:00am - 02:00pm Emergency timing: 24hrs|
|Paeds B Unit: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Emergency on Sunday||OPD Timing: 08:00am - 02:00pm Emergency timing: 24hrs|
|Nursery: OPD on Wednesday and daily Emergency||OPD Timing: 08:00am - 02:00pm Emergency timing: 24hrs|